Lula Marcondes graduated with a BA in Architecture and Urban Planning from the Federal University of Pernambuco (UFPE) in 1997, and with a Masters Degree in Architecture from the University of Texas at Austin (UT) in 2007. In 1998, with Bruno Lima e Chico Rocha, he founded O Norte – Oficina de Criação (O Norte – Creative Studio), an architecture, design, visual arts, and cultural projects company.
Lula has been painting since 1997, and among several projects, these stand out:
- In 2015, he exhibited at A Casa do Cachorro Preto Gallery, in Olinda;
- In 2010 and 2011 he organized in his studio in Olinda two versions of the exhibit Ação A.M.A. – Art and the Environment;
- In 2009 and 2007 he exhibited at La Pena Gallery in Austin/Texas;
- In 2009, in Austin, he participated at two collective exhibits at the Maranda Pleasant Gallery and Café Mundi, and a solo exhibit at the Big Red Sun Gallery;
- In 2008 he exhibited at the “Retrospective 14 years of Serie Print Project”, at the Mexican American Cultural Center, Mexic-Arte Museu and at the UTSA Downtown Art Gallery, in Austin/Texas;
- In 2007, in Austin, he was selected for the Serie Project of Coronado Studio;
- In 2005, participated in the public art project “Renga: Regeneration”, sponsored by Austin Green Art; he also exhibited paintings in the show “Olinda Arte em Toda Parte” (Olinda Art is Everywhere) in 2005, 2003, and 2002;
- Participated at the “Artes Visuais nas Ruas” Project (Visual Arts in the Streets) in Recife, 1999 and 2001;
- In the show “Arte no Corpo” (Art on the Body) in Porto Alegre, Florianópolis, São Paulo, Recife, and Olinda, in 1997 and 1998.